What is the legacy of the Protestant Reformation, five centuries after it began? What signs of conflict and healing within the church can we see today? What principles and practices guided the young Protestant church, which ones should we recover, and which might we avoid? Karin Maag and Lyle Bierma discussed the legacy of the Reformation during its 500th anniversary year.
Karin Maag is the Director of the H. Henry Meeter Center for Calvin Studies and adjunct professor of church history at Calvin Seminary. She is the author of Does the Reformation Still Matter?
Lyle Bierma is professor of church history and Director of Doctoral Studies at Calvin Seminary. His most recent book is The Theology of the Heidelberg Catechism: A Reformation Synthesis.
- Learn more about Does the Reformation Still Matter? by Karin Maag
- Watch Karin Maag’s address to the January Series of Calvin College on the Reformation
- Read Jul Medenblik’s blog reflection on Luther and leadership after traveling to Wittenberg
- Read a special edition of the Calvin Seminary Forum on the Five Solas of the Reformation
- Learn more about Karin Maag
- Learn more about Lyle Bierma
- Learn more about the Meeter Center for Calvin Studies